Getting started with OpenMRS was the hardest part. This post is a compilation of some technical notes on the major issues I had getting set up.
Here are my general purpose trouble-shooting tips from the early weeks of GSoC…
- Make sure database is working and has a password
- Check that subversion is updated to HEAD
– to see what revision you have, right-click on folder in Eclipse-> Properties -> Subversion
- Give Maven extra memory
- When in doubt, restart Eclipse and/ or computer
- In the event of an, “Error: Unable to connect to the database” I had a few tricks, but I’m not sure any of these would work every time.
– find and delete the .OpenMRS folder
– go to Activity Monitor and quit mysqld
– restart computer, and rebuild OpenMRS
This summer was also the first time I used the command line besides experimenting for no reason.
- (working on list of helpful OpenMRS commands)